You would think having your birthday so close to Christmas limits the celebration of the day you were born. But you would be wrong. It allows for thoughtful and creative appreciation from your love ones. I'm still beaming from my latest gift...my amazing mortar and pestle.
After some intense research from watching Roger Mooking and Jamie Oliver, I've made over 10 different types of pestos and marinades. And I can't wait to apply some more techniques to create my signature Jamaican/Grenadian jerk rub before bq season!!!
Next to portraits and weddings, I love images of food. Look out for my future blogs post on food real soon. Meanwhile take a look at some of my favourite foodie bloggers photography.
There are too many reasons why I love the holidays.
- Giving thanks to Gods many blessings throughout 2010
- The effort our family goes through to give the ideal gift for all (it is so amazing to see our kids look for gifts that would be meaningful to the family)
- The reaction to the gifts (we all get to be kids again)
- The relaxation of reading and watching TV marathons (I got to catch up with previous Top Chefs episodes)
- The promise of a new year (a fresh round of family goals for 2011)
- Giving thanks to Gods blessings that he has in store for us 2011
Happy Holidays from One Thousand Words Photography